Thursday, December 13, 2012

And now for something completely different.

Today I remembered that I have a blog. 

Actually Twitter reminded me, after I logged in for the first time in ages and was immediately sent a 'welcome back' email.  After clicking on my profile, and seeing how pathetic a twitter goer I really am with my 25 followers and even more pathetic 31 tweets, (shout out to my followers - without you all things would be worse....@ckingman10) it hit me square in the face....or I suppose ovalish in the face if it were to strike me fully - which it did.  I have a blog. 

What high hopes I had for you blog. 

Until now I did what most people who start blogs do: write about things they think are interesting (hoping others will understand your point of view or at least bask in your ability to warp words into a web of awesomeness) until you really just forget to post, and then forget all together.  I wonder how many blogs there are out in the world wide web with only a handful of postings.  The first posting was probably very philosophical, followed by another post only a couple days later.  Don't I just follow all of these rules.  And here I am over a year after my last post, reigniting the fire. 

I give it a month....

Hey.  Have more faith self.

2 months?

It's a start.


I think one way to correcting my blog woes is to define why I have a blog.  I'm not going to talk only about awesome things (because unfortunately someone else came up with that idea - see what I mean by other people's ideas being so ingenious...it's unfair) and I'm not going to make everything in a giant famous french cookbook in a year - it would go terribly...and it's been done.
I will need a new idea.  This should be interesting considering the faith I have in my own ideas.

Stay tuned.   

No comments:

Post a Comment