Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Is information Hoarding on Web-MD?

There is a reason that I should not join hockey pools.  It's not for the obvious reason that I never win hockey pools.  In fact, I have never even joined a hockey pool until this year.  I'm also quite capable at picking players even if I did entrust most decisions to my brother through text message at the draft (Shhh).  So then, what is my reason?

I am a sucker for information.  I'm following much more information than I could possibly keep up with thanks to twitter (@ckingman10) and blogging.  Not to mention the amount of information that can be randomly found on the web - check out the website GOOD for an example. 

So enter "hockey pool" to my life.  13 players to keep track of - and yes, I'm aware that the computer will keep track for me, but it is my disease for information hoarding that makes me check my Score app every twenty minutes when one of my players is playing.  The amount of my time it has taken up in my life is just ridiculous.  I've already tried to quit with failed results.  It's a good thing I never took up smoking, because I'm feeling like I have an addictive personality.  Are you happy now hockey pool?!

What's worse is that we are only 7...8 games into the 80ish game season.  All I can say is that I had better win.  Heck, even if I do end up winning I will think twice about joining a hockey pool ever again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment